You may think I am merely trying to fool you into thinking this brown mound of lentils is mouth wateringly delicious through my use of bright fun accoutrements such as the beetroot yoghurt and the avocado but I kid you not, it really is that mouth watering, so much so, that every time I eat it I have to proclaim wonderment at just how delicious this simple, non-delicious looking dish is! Although beans and lentils are not recommended during the early days of the candida cleanse, lentils are a great source of protein and fibre and are a great option for vegetarian candida cleansers as they are much easier on your digestion than beans! This lovely brown mound is served with sun-dried buttery vegetables, beetroot yoghurt and avocado dressed with walnuts.
1 cup black lentils
5 small carrots, chopped finely
2 sticks of celery, chopped finely
1 onion, diced
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1.5 cups of vegetable stock
avocado oil for sautéing
a generous bunch of thyme
1. In a large frying pan or saucepan, warm the avocado oil
2. Add the onion and sauté for a few minutes, add a touch of the stock to prevent burning
3. Add the celery and carrots and sauté for a further 5 or so minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add a splash of stock if starting to stick.
3. Add the lentils, tomatoes, thyme and stock and bring to a boil
4. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the lentils are tender, 35-45 minutes. The finished result will be a thick consistency as the lentils should have absorbed all of the water. Remove the thyme and serve with your favourite green vegetables for perfect food combining and the ultimate vegetarian, candida friendly meal.