Berry Smoothie Cake
I have been inspired over and over and many more times to create a smoothie cake as beautiful as the ones I've been drooling over on Instagram. Well, here it is and I am proud! It has no added sugar of any kind and just uses dates to sweeten.
50g brazil nuts
200g dates, pitted
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp almond butter
300ml of nut milk (sugar free)
250g organic full fat yoghurt
500g mixed berries, fresh or frozen. I used strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
2 ripe bananas, chopped
4 dates, pitted
This can be whatever you want of course but I used a combination of the following:
1. Pulse almonds in a food processor or powerful blender such as a Vitamix, don't let them become too powdery.
2. Add the 200g dates, coconut oil and almond butter, pulse until it combines together.
3. Place the mixture in a 23cm non-stick, loose based cake tin and press it as flat as possible, then place in the fridge to chill.
1. Put all of the ingredients in the blender and combine, starting on a low speed and working your way up. You may need the tamper to scrape down the sides.
2. Once smooth and combined well (this should only take about a minute) pour the mixture onto the base, smooth it evenly and cover in cling film to then place in the freezer for a couple of hours or until completely frozen
3. Remove from the freezer for 20-30 minutes before serving so that you can actually enjoy it! Decorate beautifully and as creatively as you can, photograph it and devour it!