I am now the inventor of psychedelic soup which means I'm happy if I don't invent any other brilliant recipes all year! Not only is the soup purple and pink but it contains only four ingredients and is simply delicious, as is this cauli peshwari nann which complements the soup just perfectly.
550g purple sweet potatoes (normal orange will do, it will taste amazing but will not be psychedelic!
2 thumb sized pieces of ginger, cut into chunks
juice of 1 lemon plus another 1/2 lemon for garnishing
1 can of coconut milk
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Peel and chop the potatoes, just cover with water and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, add the ginger and cook for 15-20 minutes or until soft enough for blending
2. Blend with the coconut milk and the juice of one full lemon, reheat if the soup has cooled down too much, dish up with the naan.
3. Squeeze the remaining lemon on to the soup and swirl with the end of a knife to get that groovy psychedelic pink/ purple thing going on. Garnish with the coriander.
Peshwari Cauli Naan
1 medium cauliflower
1 egg, beaten
25g ground almonds
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp pistachios, chopped
1 tbsp butter, plus extra for buttering
1tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra for serving
Optional: 1 tsp Unicorn Superfoods Red Beet Powder for that nice red Peshwari look!
1.Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160C Fan/Gas 4. Trim the cauliflower. Cut into florets and blitz in a processor until the texture resembles grains of cous cous.
2. Cook the cauliflower with 1 cup of water until it has softened and is malleable enough, in order to create a dough 3. Cool, then add the egg, sultanas, nuts, coconut and 1 tbsp butter. Mix to a ‘dough’ and divide into 4-5 balls. Form into teardrop- shaped naans, put on baking sheets, bake for 15-20 mins.
4. Brush with butter Scatter with the coriander and serve.