Cabbage Stir Fry with Thai Fish Cakes
Thai stir fry vibes minus the grains. I loved discovering cauliflower rice minus the price so I've come up with a thriftier solution- white cabbage rice, purple could work but I feel the taste is more neutral to suit the variety of flavours in the stir fry just as normal rice would.
2 pieces of cod, skins removed
1 thumb sized piece of ginger
2 stalks of lemongrass, crushed, with ends and outer shell removed and then diced finely
3 spring onions, sliced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped
2 tbsp coconut aminos
Juice of a lime
2 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
1/4 white cabbage, diced
2 spring onions, sliced thinly
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 large thumb sized piece of ginger
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
1 courgette, quartered
1 carrot, quartered
handful of baby corn
1 bok choi
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh coriander
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Combine the marinade ingredients, rub into the cod fillets and leave to marinade for 30 mins to an hour, or ideally overnight, then blend everything with a tbsp of coconut flour to help bind the ingredients. Shape into 4 large fish cakes or 6 small ball shapes.
2. Sauté all of the vegetables except for the cabbage in 1 tbsp of coconut oil on a medium heat until softened, add a tbsp of water if necessary.
3. Add the garlic and ginger, continue to cook and then combine with 1 tbsp of coriander and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
4. Saute the cabbage until translucent, then add 1/4 cup water and cover, cooking for 20 minutes total. Then add 1 tbsp of coriander and the lemon juice to the cabbage, mix well.
5. Keep everything covered on a low heat while you heat the oil for the fish cakes, cook with the lid on for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Serve the cabbage next to the stir fry as you would rice, with the fish cakes on top.