Saucy Chocolate Coffee & Pecan Sponge
85g unsalted butter, softened
55g plain gluten free flour (Doves Farm)
25g cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut sugar
55g pecan nuts, chopped and a few extra to decorate
300ml hot black coffee
Optional: serve with powdered erythritol or coconut cream or both!
1. Preheat oven to 160c/ 325 F. Grease a shallow 1.2 litre ovenproof dish with some butter or coconut oil.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add the butter, 85g of the xylitol and the egg and beat together until the mixture is well blended, stir in the chopped pecans.
3. Turn into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the coconut sugar and the whole pecan nuts.
4. Pour the coffee into a large jug, stir in the remaining xylitol until dissolved and carefully pour over the pudding.
5. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until firm to the touch in the centre.
6. Optional: sift a little of the powdered erythritol on top and serve with coconut cream.